Friday, December 6, 2013

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
December 6, 2013
St. Nicholas


And their eyes were opened.

Lord of miracles,
Open my eyes that I might see
the beauty and goodness of your world,
and open my eyes to the ways we have marred its beauty.
Open my eyes to the beauty and goodness of all your people,
and open my eyes to all the ways we exploit, wound, and kill each other.
Open my eyes to my own sinfulness,
that I may repent and live your life of compassion
and forgiveness a bit more deeply.
Open my eyes to the needs of the people around me.
Open my eyes to all the ways you come to me today.
Open my eyes to all the signs of love and kindness
others give to me today.
Open my eyes to all the signs of your coming in this Advent season.
Open my eyes to all the ways
I can be a sign of your coming in my work today.
Open my life, Lord, to this wonderful, graced world,
and the signs of your coming kingdom.
Open my eyes always, Lord, to your presence around me and in me.
Amen.

For a prayer for today from an Orthodox Hymn to Saint Nicholas, see page 186 in the December issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment