Monday, December 2, 2013

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
Monday, December 2, 2013


Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof.

Lord, Jesus, I hope I have the faith of the centurion-
to ask you to just speak the divine, living word,
and to be confident that your word will heal.

But help me also to remember
that you were very willing to go to his house,
despite his protestations of unworthiness.
And you are always very willing
to enter under my roof as well,
To come into my home, my life,
my family, my work.

Help me, Lord, to have
the strong faith of the centurion-
to believe that the Word
that created the universe
can heal in so many ways,
just by speaking the word.

Help me too, Lord, to have a faith
stronger than the centurion's-
To believe that my unworthiness
will never keep you
from entering under my roof,
if I but ask.

Help me, today, Lord, to ask you
to come under my roof,
and to have faith that you are here,
offering your healing love.
Help me in faith to remember
that everything I do today
will be done with you,
in you, and through you.

Amen.

For a prayer for today from Rev. Henri J.M. Nouwen, see page 185 in the December issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment