Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
Tuesday, December 10, 2013

If a man has a hundred sheep… 

Jesus, as I go about my day today, 
help me rejoice in this gospel 
and in its message 
that you will never give up on me, 
but that you will follow me over 
whatever hill I’ve wandered or
whatever cliff I’ve fallen off.
You will be there,
inviting and helping me to come home.

Help me, please, to be able
to hear you calling to me.
And give me the grace to respond.

And, Jesus, in my life today,
in my neighborhood, in my family,
in my commute, in my work,
I may come across many “sheep.”
Some will annoy me,
some may betray me,
some I may notice
only for what they can do for me,
and some I’ll pass by without
ever really seeing them.

Jesus, teach me, please,
how do deal with all
the members of your flock,
even those I’d just as soon write off.
Today, when life gives me
the opportunity to be a shepherd,
help me to be a good one.

For a prayer for today from Abbot Gilbert of Hoyland, see page 187 in the December issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment