Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Come to me…and I will give you rest. 

Rest? Really?
Jesus, I think I missed something,
For, like most people I know,
I’m working really hard.
And many of your followers
are working two or three jobs just to
feed, clothe, and house their families.

In fact, I think your whole Church missed the memo.
Have you seen the schedule kept
by most parish ministers and Religious these days?

And I know lots of young moms and dads
who could really use a nap!

Our world, Jesus, is full of people in need
both physical and spiritual,
and you send us to minister to them.

Rest, Lord? Who has the time?

And yet, it sounds so pleasant to rest in you.

Jesus, help me to find moments today to pause and just
raise my mind and heart to you.

Help me to remember that everything I do today
is done with you, in you, and through you,
and that you are the savior of the world, and I am not.

Help me to keep my priorities straight,
and when I feel my energy
lagging, remind me that I am yoked to you,
And you’ll pull far more than your fair share.

For a prayer for today from Pope St. Damasus I, see page 188 in the December issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment