Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
January 7, 2014
St. Raymond of Penyafort 


He said the blessing, broke the loaves...

Jesus, food is such an important part of your gospel.
When you aren't feeding huge crowds
with a few loaves and fish,
you are so often shown eating or
telling parables of wedding feasts and heavenly banquets.
And time and again you reveal yourself in the
blessing and breaking of bread.

Even in the stories of your birth, Lord,
Mary and Joseph place you in a manger,
a feed box for animals.
Surely the evangelist Luke wanted us to see you,
from the very beginning, as food for a hungry world.

Jesus, help me to see that you are indeed
the food that I am hungry for.
At Mass, help me to open myself to your Spirit
so that I may be transformed and pulled
more and more into your divine life of sacrificial love,
as you nourish me with your own Body and Blood.

Help me, Lord, to realize the enormity
of this gift of being part of the Body of Christ.
Help me make my "Amen" to it a true sign
of my commitment to join you-
in all my words and actions-
in being food for a hungry world.
Amen.

For a prayer for today from St. Raymond of Penyafort, see page 190 in the January issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment