Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
January 15, 2014


Everyone is looking for you.

Jesus, I know I should be praying more.
I know I could benefit from more "alone time"
to think about my life
and share its events with you,
to bring you my worries and needs,
to praise God,
to think of how I am responding
to my baptismal call to follow you,
and just to grow in love with you.

But my life is so hectic
and my quiet moments so full of interruptions!

But it was the same for you!
Here you are, trying to go off and pray,
and the disciples come after you,
because the crowds are looking for you.

You don't complain about their interrupting you.
You go to them, because this is "the purpose"
for which you have come.

Jesus, help me to find quiet moments
to spend time with you
and to make the most of them.
But when life is hectic and I'm interrupted,
help me to give myself to others as you did,
to bring whatever help and hope I can, in your name.

When I am frazzled, give me your inner peace,
and strengthen me to live your life in my own,
for that too is part of the purpose
for which you have come.
Amen.

For a prayer for today from St. Mechtild of Magdeburg, see page 190 in the January issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment