Thursday, January 30, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer 
Thursday, January 30, 2014

Is a lamp brought in to be placed…under a bed? 

God of love,
Thank you for always loving me, no matter what.

It’s hard to imagine how powerful your love is—
a love so passionate, so fiery in its intensity
that not even suffering and death can stop it.

Jesus, part of me wants to ask you to fill me
with that fiery, passionate love,
so that I can bring your light to others.
But part of me is afraid.
Who knows where that kind of wild,
intense love can lead?

Help me to see, Lord,
that you have already given me
a share of your love,
and I now have three choices:
I can choose to reject it
and cut myself off from you;
I can try to keep myself safe
by hiding your living flame of love under my bed
(but it will probably burn my house down);
or I can try to bring it to the world
and take the risk of letting the light
of your flame of love grow in me every day.

Jesus, help me to choose wisely and to not be afraid.
You have given me a share in your Spirit.
Now enkindle in me the fire of your love.
Amen.

Prayer for Today

JESUS, we commend to you the sick, the unhappy, the poor and all who beg for food and employment, imploring for all and every one the assistance of your providence. We commend to you their families, so that they may be fruitful centers of Christian Life. May the abundance of your grace be poured out over all. Amen
- Bl Pope John XXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment