Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer 
Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
January 22, 2014
Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children


Grieved at their hardness of heart...

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me the gift of salvation.
Thank you for inviting me to be your disciple
by joining myself to your life of love,
by dying to myself out of love for others,
and by rising to eternal life in you.

But this is very difficult, Lord.
I'm not God. I don't have unlimited love to give.
I want to put limits and conditions on where and when
and to whom I bring aid and consolation and forgiveness-
just like the Pharisees in today's gospel.

Lord Jesus, soften my heart so that I might share
more deeply in your sacrificial love.
I need your grace, your courage, your strength
to see and be more open to opportunities
to bring you-and to be you-to my world.

Help me to take up my cross
and to never be afraid of my dying.
Help me to believe that you will never abandon me,
and that we will rise in joy together.
Amen.

Prayer for Today:

O God, we ask You to give us knowledge of ourselves, our powers and weaknesses, our spirit, our sympathy, our imagination, our knowledge, our truth. Teach us by the standard of Your Word, by the judgements of others, by examinations of ourselves. Give us earnest desire to strengthen ourselves continually by the study, by diligence, by prayer and meditation; and from all fancies, delusions and prejudices of habit, or temper or society, save us and help us. Amen.

- From the Southwell Litany by George Ridding

No comments:

Post a Comment