Saturday, January 4, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
January 4, 2014
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton 


What are you looking for?

Jesus, the more
I ponder the gospels,
the more I realize that
every question you ask
is asked of me as well.

And today, Lord, you catch me
hanging around the edges,
following you, but not too closely,
and you ask: what are you looking for?

It's probably the hardest question
a human being can be asked.
So many possible answers!
But, deep inside, they all lead
to one real, honest answer:
I am looking for you.

I am still astounded that you
would take on our flesh
and dwell among us.
Like the two disciples, I want to know
exactly where you are dwelling.

This day and every day, Lord Jesus,
help me to accept
your invitation
to come and see.
Amen.


For a prayer for today from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, see page 190 in the January issue of Living with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment