Saturday, February 8, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
February 8, 2014
St. Jerome Emiliani and St. Josephine Bakhita

Come away by yourselves...and rest awhile.

Jesus, I'm sorry I let the phone
go to voicemail this morning.
I saw his name on the caller ID
and I just couldn't deal
with his neediness right then.

My friends grew tired months ago
of his constant laments, tragedies,
and increasing requests for help.
They say I'm a saint for still responding,
but I get the feeling they think
I'm really a sap instead.

But what I try to be is a disciple.
I try to respond to those in need.
But this one?
This one wears me down.
I am tired.
And in the end I don't know
if I'm really doing any good here
or just enabling dependency.

Jesus, I need a quiet place
to go off and rest awhile from this.
I need a chance to refresh and restore.
Help me to find that place and time
to rest with you and to seek
the wisdom of your Spirit.

And Lord, when he and his needs
follow me there, just as the crowd
followed you to your deserted place,
help my heart be moved with pity.
Be my shepherd,
and teach me what I need to know.
Amen.

Prayer for Today

God, here I am. at your disposal, your child. Use me to continue your loving the world, by giving JESUS to me and through me, to each other and to the world. Let us pray for each other: that we allow JESUS to love in us and through us with the love with which his Father loves us. Amen.

- Bl Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment