Monday, February 10, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer, February 10, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
February 10, 2014
St. Scholastica


They scurried about the countryside...

Jesus, I love the image of people recognizing you and then scurrying about the
countryside to bring to you anyone they knew who was sick.

These days we scurry to buy tickets to concerts or playoff games the instant they go on sale, or we scurry to line up for the latest must-have gadgets.

But there isn't much scurrying to our churches these days, is there? Many of us don't even show up on time for the opening hymn. Where is the excitement
your presence generated as soon as your boat was tied up at the dock?

I confess I am often the same way, Jesus. With all the parts of me that need healing, I should be scurrying toward you with all my strength. And yet I hold back, saying my pains aren't so bad--no reason to visit the doctor.

Should I expect others to be excited about you when I myself so often am not?

Fire me with your love, Lord, and heal me, so that the world may see my excitement, and scurry after you as well.
Amen.

Prayer for Today

Let all nations come to know you, the one-God, with your Son, JESUS CHRIST, and us your people and sheep of your pasture. Do not keep count of the sins of your servants, but purify through the bath of your truth and direct our steps. Help us to walk in holiness of heart and to do what is good and pleasing in your eyes. Master, let your face shine on us to grant us every good in peace, protect us by your powerful hand, and deliver us from every evil by the might of your arm. Grant us and all who dwell on this earth peace and harmony, O Lord.
Amen.

- Pope Saint Clement

No comments:

Post a Comment