Thursday, February 13, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
February 13, 2014


She begged him to drive the demon out...

Jesus, how good it is to think that I can ask you for help, and that I can even argue with you to make my case.

But, Jesus, what if I turn this gospel on its head, and I play your part? You come to us in many forms, not least in the poor and
the sick and suffering. What if you come to me in the gui
se of strangers?

Help them! you urge me.

No, Lord, I say, There isn't enough time or money to go around.
I have to take care of my own people, my own children. they've got to be my priority.

Help them! you urge me.

But, Lord, I'm kind of scared of them. They're not like me. They can be dirty and violent and dangerous. And they'd just squander and waste any help I'd give them. Forgive my harsh language, Jesus, but why throw resources my own children need to people who act like dogs?

Even the dogs eat the children's scraps, you remind me, and suddenly I am overwhelmed by all the riches you have given me,
despite my own unworthiness.

Jesus, forgive me for my blindness and move me to respond.
Amen.


Prayer for Today

My Lord and my God , I have realized that whoever undertakes to do anything for the sake of earthly things or to earn the praise of others deceives oneself.
Today one thing pleases the world, tomorrow another. What is praised on one occasion is denounced on another. Blessed be you, my Lord and my God, for you are unchangeable for all eternity.
Whoever serves you faithfully to the end will enjoy life without end in eternity. Amen.

- Saint Therese of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment