Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
February 12, 2014


The things that come from within are what defile...

Jesus, I have little interest in ancient dietary laws. And the continuing debates over the importance of "nature vs. nurture"
have left me thinking that the development of human character and actions is much more complex than what you say here. After all, millions of years of evolution as well as the circumstances of my life, and the choices I and others have made have all had a very great affect on who I am, and on how I act, for good, and for ill.

And yet, Lord, I know that, from whatever the cause, at least a few of the evils you mention lurk in my heart; and by letting them live there, and by letting them rise out of me, I am not only hurting myself, but helping to pass them on to others and to generations yet unborn.

Lord, these sins live within me so deeply that I cannot root them out
by myself. Only with your help can I be truly clean. As I go through my day, help me to choose to live on the food of your love, so that, more and more, what rises from my heart will only be you.
Amen.

Prayer for Today

O my God, fill my soul with hole joy, courage, and strength to serve you. Enkindle your love in me and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me. I do not see very far ahead, but when I have arrived where the horizon now closes down, a new prospect will open before me, and I shall meet it with peace. Amen.
- Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment