Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer, February 4, 2014

Living with Christ Morning Prayer 
February 4, 2014
He…said that she should be given something to eat. 

Jesus, what you say at the end 
of this passage touches my heart.

After raising a girl to life,
you want to make sure
that she gets something to eat.

It’s that way with me too, Jesus.
You raised me to new life in baptism,
and you are so concerned
that I be given something
to eat, that you nourish me
with your very self
in the Eucharist.

Jesus, the world is full of people
crying out “please!”
Feed me with your life
so that I can respond with your love.

When those around me feel
there is no hope,
feed me with your life
so that I can respond with your love.

When others find it ridiculous
that I put faith in you,
feed me with your life
so that I can respond with your love.

And sometimes, Jesus, I am the one
crying out “please!”
or the one losing hope,
or the one with little faith,
or one who needs to be healed.
When all I can grasp
is the hem of your garment,
Let me hear you say
“Go in peace and be cured.”
Amen.

Prayer for Today

Lord, Jesus Christ, let me seek you by desiring you, and let me desire you by seeking you, and let me desire you by seeking you. Let me find you by loving you and love you by finding you, I confess. Lord, with thanksgiving, that I am made in your image, so that I can remember you, think of you, and love you. I do not seek to understand so that I can believe, but believe so that I may understand. And, what is more, I believe that unless I do believe. I shall not understand.

- St Anselm of Canterbury

No comments:

Post a Comment