Friday, September 20, 2013

Living with Christ Morning Prayer

Living with Christ Morning Prayer
Friday, September 20, 2013
STS. ANDREW KIM TAE-GŎN, PAUL CHŎNG HA-SANG, AND COMPANIONS

O Jesus! You are my true friend, 
my only friend.
You take a part in all my misfortunes;
you take them on yourself;
you know how to change them into blessings.
You listen to me with the greatest kindness
when I relate my troubles to you,
and you always have balm
to pour on my wounds.
I find you at all times;
I find you everywhere;
you never go away;
if I have to change my dwelling,
I find you wherever I go.
You are never weary of listening to me;
you are never tired of doing me good.
I am certain of being beloved by you
if I love you;
my goods are nothing to you
and by bestowing yours on me,
you never grow poor.
However miserable I may be,
no one more noble or learned or even holier
can come between you and me,
and deprive me of your friendship;
and death which tears us away
from all other friends,
will unite me for ever to you.

- Bl. Claude de la Colombière

No comments:

Post a Comment